BUILDING OWNERS –
You spend millions of dollars on the most advanced HVAC equipment and technology to provide your occupants with safe indoor air quality and comfort. You invest additional expenses to furnish your HVAC systems with highly efficient equipment and design to reduce energy costs and assist in saving the environment.
- Are you going to allow an unreliable testing agency with a poor reputation to perform the final testing, calibration and set up of your HVAC investment?
- Are you willing to risk the environmental health and safety of your occupants, possibly creating liabilities for yourself, by allowing a dishonest testing agency to facilitate the final operation of your HVAC system?
DESIGN ENGINEERS –
The final operating performance of your HVAC design directly affects the reputation of you and your engineering firm. Your level of industry knowledge and creativity will be judged by the satisfaction of the building owner that has put their faith in your design.
- Is it worth the ease of not being selective of the agency conducting the system testing and calibration of your HVAC design by allowing a dishonest or unreliable company to perform these services?
- Is it worth all of the questions, concerns and issues that arise when a building owner is not satisfied with the final operation and performance of your HVAC design as a result of an unreliable test agency incorrectly setting up your system? Or worse, not setting it up at all?
- What is the benefit of receiving a false test report that doesn’t reflect the actual HVAC system performance that will be used for future design or system performance review?
INSTALLATION & CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTORS –
Your company’s reputation is on the line for installing an HVAC system that meets the owners’ satisfaction and the design engineers intent. Your personal reputation is on the line for meeting the scheduling and managerial requirements of the mechanical construction.
- Are you relying on a reputable testing agency to perform the final adjusting and calibration of the HVAC system that you are providing to the owner?
- Is the hiring of an unreliable testing agency over a trusted and reputable test agency worth the scheduling, communication and poor system performance issues worth the small overall cost savings?
- Does all of the wasted time in owner reported issue investigation and communication really make up for the small cost savings at bid time from using a low bid and unreliable test agency?
Studies have shown that the initial savings of using a low bid and unreliable testing agency, commissioning authority or balancing contractor to perform the final adjustments, calibration and performance testing of an HVAC system can be wasted within the first year of HVAC operation. The added costs from hiring these unreliable service providers can come from several issues including:
- Building pressure issues resulting in wasted energy or building security failures
- Lack of safe fresh air distribution creating an unsafe environment for occupants
- Excessive outdoor air intake causing unwanted energy consumption
- Occupant discomfort resulting in wasted facility maintenance labor
- Reduced longevity of mechanical equipment functionality
Building Owners, Architects, Design Engineers and Construction Contractors/Managers must all work together in deciding which specialty services work best for the project. And when they do decide they should choose Air Systems Engineering, Inc. as one of those service providers!